Leather Sector Skill Council launched SCALE India Mobile App for Enhanced Quality Assurance
- Leather Sector Skill Council (LSSC), a non-profit organization (NGO) launched "Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees India (SCALE India)" Android app for enhancing the quality assurance of the leather industry. Union Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Mahendra Nath Pandey unveiled the SCALE India app during a virtual event.
- The app will serve as a one-stop solution for skilling, learning, assessment and employment needs of the leather and leather products industry.
About Leather Sector Skill Council (LSSC)
- Chairman - P. R. Aqeel Ahmed
- Location - Chennai
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik Launched Electricity Consumer Service Portal "Mo Bidyut" & Mobile App
- Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister of Odisha launched the electricity consumer service portal "Mo Bidyut" and mobile application, over a virtual platform.
- The portal was developed by the Energy Department and dedicated to the public under the 5T (Team work, Transparency, Technology, Time leading to Transformation) mechanism, an initiative of the government of Odisha.
- The Mo Bidyut supports the people to obtain new electricity connections, enables online bill payment and the grievances related to electricity services can be addressed through this portal.
- The integrated online platform covers all the four power utilities of Odisha TP (Tata Power) Central Odisha Distribution Limited (TPCODL), North Eastern Electricity Supply Company of Odisha Limited (NESCO), Western Electricity Supply Company of Orissa Limited (WESCO) and Southern Electricity Supply Company of Odisha Limited (SOUTHCO).
"Portraits of Power: Half a Century of Being at Ringside" Autobiography of NK Singh: Traces the Origin and Growth of the PMO
- Veteran Economist and bureaucrat Nand Kishore Singh released his autobiography titled "Portraits of Power: Half a Century of Being at Ringside".
- The book portrays the life of NK Singh who played an active role in the development of the Indian economy.
- He is currently serving as the Chairman of the 15th Finance Commission.
Health Minister launched website 'CURED'.
- Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan launched an online portal named CSIR Ushered Repurposed Drugs or 'CURED'.
- The portal will provide a comprehensive information about the numerous COVID-19 clinical trials that the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is engaged in collaboration with the industry, ministries and other government departments.
- The website provides the information about the drugs, diagnostics and devices.
- It also includes the current stage of the trials, partnering institutions and their role in the trials.
India-Indonesia '5th Joint Working Group on Coal Meeting
- . India and Indonesia will be holding the fifth joint working group on coal meeting virtually on November 5, 2020.
- The meeting will throw light on Indian coal policy reforms including the coal exploration, commercial coal mining, research and development.
- South Africa is the largest supplier of coal to India. India imports 3 million tonnes of coal from South Africa monthly.
Nokia selected by NASA to build first ever cellular network on the Moon
- Finland based Nokia has been selected by the NASA to build the first ever 4G cellular network on the Moon.
- NASA has awarded USD 14.1 Million to Nokia for the project.
- It is being built for communication purposes of NASA's ARTEMIS program to the Moon by 2024.
- Nokia & Intuitive Machines are partnering for this Mission
- The grant is part of USD 370 Million worth of contracts signed under NASA's "Tipping Point" selection to advance research and development for space exploration.
- HQ - Washington DC
- Admin - Jim Bridenstine
COVID, Technological Advances to disrupt 85 Million Jobs by 2025 as per WEF Report
- According to the Third Edition of "The Future of Jobs Report 2020" released by the World Economic Forum (WEF). COVID-19 and Technological Advances will disrupt around 85 Million Jobs by 2025.
- The WEF report is based on the Future of Jobs Survey, which is based on projections of senior business leaders from 300 Global firms who together employ over a million workers.
- In the next five years, automation and new division of labor between humans and machines will create disruption of jobs.
Virtual Edition of 7th Annual Central Banking Awards 2020
- Central Banking organized a virtual award ceremony to honor the winner of the Annual Central Banking Awards 2020.
- The 2020 awards mark the 7th edition of the Annual Central Banking Awards.
- The award recognizes the excellence in the central banking community.
Virtual Edition of 7th Annual Central Banking Awards 2020
- Winners of Central Banking Awards 2020
- > The Bank of Ghana (BOG) received the Central Bank of the Year Award 2020 and Ernest Addison, the Governor of BoG received the award on behalf of the bank.
- Otmar Issing, was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award 2020.
- Mark Carney, Governor of the Bank of England won the Governor of the Year Award 2020.
- Raghuram Rajan, former Governor of RBI received the Governor of the Year in the Central Banking Awards 2015.
Kishore Bhimani, Veteran Sports Journalist & Cricket Commentator Passed Away
- Kishore Bhimani, veteran sports journalist and commentator passed away in Kolkata, West Bengal
- He was one of the leading cricket commentator in the 80s and 90s
Police Commemoration Day → October 21
- The Police Commemoration Day is celebrated on October 21 every year. The day is observed to honor the martyrs who sacrifice their lives in this service to the nation.
- This year, the day was observed to honor the police officers from across the country who have been working day and night to ensure COVID-19 norms are followed properly.
- This Day dates back to October 21, 1959. In the year 1959 Chinese forces attacked and trapped a patrol party of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF). In the battle, 10 jawans lost their lives while fighting for the country at the Indo-Tibetan border. The day is celebrated every year to pay homage to those 10 police officers. This day also intends to pay tribute to martyred police personnel who lost their lives to ensure the safety of others. The Police Commemoration Day Parade is being held at the National level at the Police Memorial, Chanakyapuri since 2012.
Global lodine defense disorder prevention day 2020 → October 21
- Global lodine defense disorder (IDD) prevention day is also known as World lodine defense day is observed annually on 21st October.
- The day aims to create awareness of the needs of the lodine, an essential dietary mineral required for the normal function, growth and development.